Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back to the drawing board...


Well i've been doing REALLY good with my eating disorder. No skipping meals, no laxatives, and not even THiNKiNG about it. Most importantly, i've been feeling good about myself. i still had some issues with the way i looked, but i felt good about how i was drawing MUCH closer to God and way further away from Ana. But last night i realized that Ana has just one thing to her advantage-memories. Last night she brought back the memories of who i was when i let her be a part of me... I was miserable.... but i was much thinner back then. The thing is, i've gained over 10 pounds since the summer. This comes as a big shock to me. See, Ana wants me to be back to the way i was when i was Ana.... But God wants me to be back to the way i was BEFORE i even met her.

I want God to take me back to the drawing board. I want him to take me back to the days when i was genuinely happy in God's presence.

This week is eating disorders awareness week, and i want to show a video to my school to spread awareness for eating disorders. But i understand that in order to join the fight against Ana, i can't do things that would please her or bring me back to her.


Which is exactly why i want to go aaaalllll the way back. Back to when i never even knew Ana. When i was happy with the way i looked. If i could do that.... i know i could make a difference in a lot of girls' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment